SerialIP Utilities is easy-to-use package to resolve a problem of remote access to equipment and log all data received from this equipment into files to analyse them in the future.
SerialIP Utilities is a software based RS232 to TCP/IP converter. SerialIP Utilities allows any of the RS232 serial ports on your PC to interface directly to a TCP/IP network.
SerialIP Utilities can transfer the data from COM-ports of local computer to COM-ports of remote computers using TCP/IP and save received data on a disk of local or remote computer.
The basic features of SerialIP Utilities:
1. Grant a remote access to any COM-port equipments across Internet, LAN or any TCP/IP connections.
2. Save information received from serial port into file on a disk of remote or local computers
3. Save information received from TCP/IP port into file on a disk of remote or local computers
4. Transfer data from serial ports to other serial ports between remote or local computers
5. Give any number of users to have an access to each serial port simultaneously
6. Record the data on a disk of local or remote computers by several users simultaneously
7. Enable password to protect created remote connection to serial ports
» version 1.3 - posted on 2004-02-22
Fog Software License Agreement
The SerialIP Utilites is distributed as try-before-you-buy. This means:
1. All copyrights to SerialIP Utilites are exclusively owned by the authors - Fog Software, Inc.
2. Anyone may use this software during a test period of 15 days. Following this test period of 15 days or less, if you wish to continue to use SerialIP Utilites, you MUST register.
3. Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use SerialIP Utilites on one computer (i.e. a single cpu), for any legal purpose, at a time. The registered SerialIP Utilites software may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to terms of this license. If the software is an update, the transfer must include the update and all previous versions.
4. The SerialIP Utilites unregistered trial version, may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of SerialIP Utilites without written permission from the copyright holder. The SerialIP Utilites unregistered trial version may not be bundled or distributed with any other package without written permission of the copyright holder.
5. To register SerialIP Utilites, you must purchase it from www.fogsoft.com. After your payment is received and processed, you will be provided a registration code.
6. SerialIP Utilites IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Fog Software, Inc.
8. Installing and using SerialIP Utilites signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license.
9. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove SerialIP Utilites files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.
Thank you for using SerialIP Utilites.
Fog Software, Inc